Monday, June 15, 2009

Time for me to blog

I'm participating in a very interesting Online Webinar series called the Inbound Marketing University hosted by Hubspot. They're hitting the highlights on all sorts of topics including Blogging, SEO, and Social Media Marketing. Interestingly, the info was interesting and helpful and yet help reinforce that indeed fewer people understand this space that I realized. During the definition of blogging, Mack failed to point out that blogging is short for "web log" and that it is designed to be fairly continuous. I think even he took that for granted.

It is however, critically important to dedicate time to blogging. Time is a very valuable commodity these days and that means if someone plans to start a blog, they really need to follow through. I believe this is part of why Twitter has become such a phenomenon. It's a very low risk "micro blog" and the most you're really able to do is add a short url and sometimes a photo. Full blown blogs require design, planning, topic ideas, and a commitment of time.

I can easily think of a short list of current and former colleagues who are purposefully NOT blogging because they can't commit the time. I wonder if there is a correlation between those willing to blog versus those willing to get married? Do would be bloggers have commitment issues? If they don't, they should. I recently made the "commitment" to blog at least every Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This Post